- Algeria passenger jet feared crashed
A passenger plane carrying 116 people is missing, feared crashed, on a flight from Burkina Faso to the Algerian capital, Algiers.
- Sudan ‘apostasy’ woman meets Pope
A Sudanese woman who fled to Italy after being spared a death sentence for renouncing Islam meets Pope Francis at the Vatican.
- SA teachers ‘racially abused pupils’
South Africa’s Human Rights Commission finds a school guilty of hate speech towards black and mixed-race pupils.
- Algeria: Plane Believed to Have Crashed in Mali
[Premium Times]The plane is believed to have gone down somewhere in Mali
- Africa: U.S.-Africa Summit Must Listen to Voices of the People
[allAfrica]In a guest column for AllAfrica, E. Gyimah Boadi of Ghana’s Center for Democratic Development says the vast majority of Africans who prefer democracy over authoritarian regimes deserve to be heard at the forthcoming U.S.-Africa Summit convened by President Barack Obama.
- Ghana: Thousands Protest Against Cost of Living
[CAJ News]Accra -Thousands of workers have heeded the call by Ghana’s organised labour to protest against the worsening economic conditions in the country.