- Ebola: Liberia shuts all schools
Liberia’s government announced it is closing down all schools across the country and deploying troops to stop the spread of the deadly Ebola virus.
- Six dead in Nigeria college blast
At least six people have been killed in a suicide bombing at a college in northern Nigeria’s biggest city, Kano, witnesses say.
- Guinea concert stampede ‘kills 34′
At least 34 people have reportedly died in a stampede in Guinea, during a concert marking the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
- Africa: What Africa Needs to Boost Trade With the U.S.
[allAfrica]Ahead of the United States-Africa summit which President Barack Obama is convening next week, southern African trade expert Joshua Setipa outlines what he would say if he was to present Africa’s case in Washington.
- Africa: White Paper on ‘Africa Forum’ Pre-Summit Dialogue Released
[FEEEDS]Washington, DC -Sponsors of the Africa Forum on July 10, 2014 have release their White Paper Report on the Forum – a Dialogue on Key African Issues prior to the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit event August 4-6, 2014.
- Liberia: Sirleaf Doubling Down on Ebola – Sending VP to U.S.-Africa Summit
[Liberia Govt]Monrovia -My fellow citizens: Today, in continuation of our efforts to combat the deadly Ebola virus, I am pleased to launch the National Action Plan presented by the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare in partnership with the World Health Organization.