- IN THE MARKETS: Worst could be over for rand, even if tapering starts
Analysts and traders still scratching their heads over heady movement in rand exchange rate on Friday, writes Maarten Mittner
- French intervention ‘dangerous but vital’, says president
President François Hollande stresses importance of Central African Republic campaign to avoid bloodbath after two elite French soldiers are killed
- Boos greet Zuma in front of VIP audience
Hostile reception in contrast to cheers for former president Thabo Mbeki and US President Barack Obama
- Barclays Africa spends R1.2bn on upgrades, going mobile
In a bid to win customers back.
- BHP considering third main production region
Company is counting on higher gas price.
- Barloworld’s bond sale beats strikes
‘We are comfortable with Barloworld’s credit profile’ – Cadiz.