- Mystique of investment advice
You can’t really trust the media’s explanations for the daily gyrations in the market as they often get it wrong, writes Michel Pireu
- Talks optimism fades as Ukraine says Russia makes new incursion
Ukraine accuses Russian forces of launching new military incursion across border, a day after leaders of both countries agree to work towards ending separatist war
- Fuel levy hike could be alternative to e-tolls, union federations suggest
All three union federations at e-tolling advisory panel in Midrand propose fuel levy hike as a possible counter to controversial system
- SA market a ‘dog eat dog world’- Growthpoint CEO
Despite this, property group is still on an acquisition drive.
- Economics isn’t science or literature
Economists use many of the same tools as scientists and engineers, but not in the same way.
- South African stocks snap two-day winning streak
Miners came under pressure from a stronger rand, faltering metal prices.